Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Thankful to be his Mom!




With all the stress and worry going on in the Guatemalan adoption world lately I have not put anything on the blog about my son in a while. This post is long overdue. He has been doing so well in Kindergarten! I am just so proud of him. He has gone from going to preschool 3 days a week for 2 hrs to going 5 days a week from 7:45-3:00. I did send him to our local YMCA for 2 weeks this summer for their camp for kids going into K or first grade this year. This was from 9:00-4:00 and I thought it would be a good test run for school. He loved it there and I have to say that he loves school MORE !! I am so thankful that he is so happy about it and that he has a wonderful teacher. She is very good with the kids and is also an adoptive mom! How cool is that? It has gone as well as it possibly can and much better than I expected. Today was such a good day. His teacher sent home a "progress report" with a little note on how he is doing so far. His could not have been any better. YIKES this is turning into a post where I feel like I'm bragging. It is more relief and joy on my end. He is a great kid and I know it is not all my doing.
Part of her note read " He is very ready for all day K..." I had to giggle at that one because it seems that he was "ready for all day K" all along it was ME that everyone had to drag kicking and screaming to the school. (Not literally :) I really wanted him to go just half day. It seems like I had to "send him to school" a year early this way. This last month has been very interesting for me. I think once Anika is here things will fall into place. I am so happy and thrilled with school and so sad at the same time. Very strange feeling really. I did go to the school a few weeks ago when they had school pictures to help. That was really neat to see him there and how happy he was! I knew he was happy but to see it was a very neat experience. I had a hard time not crying. My first day to go into his class and help his teacher prepare things is Nov 1st. That will be fun and very interesting though I am guessing he will act differently with me there. Since K is now all day I have cut his activites way back. The only thing he is doing right now other than school is Tae Kwon doe. He started that this summer and we all love it. The change in him has been amazing. He is so much more respectful and listens better. I think this is helping him shine so bright at school. Tonight was his first "test" he demonstrated what he has learned since June and answered questions on the history of Tae Kwon doe. He has moved up into a new rank. He is now a yellow belt. The look on his face is worth everything in the world to me. I am very very very thankful tonight!! He is such a special gift and I am so lucky to be his Mom. I can only imagine how great it is going to be to have Anika with us as well.
Feeling Blessed
Guatemama Two






No comments: