Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
than to see the joy of discovery on my kids faces. It still amazes me how much fun it really is to see them learn and grow. Last Sunday at the nature center was one of those special times. I had so much fun watching Alex's joy and excitement seeing and touching the animals. The snakes, salamanders, spiders and even a deer were perfect for him. I managed to stand there and take pictures while he held the snakes. :) Growth for us both and happy memories.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Anika is doing much much better and has even started eating normal food again! We are so happy and thankful that she is on the upswing. I forgot how scary it is when little one's are sick like that. I don't think Alex was sick like that until he was older. Maybe he was and I don't remember but I doubt it. :) Thank you all for your get well wishes for her!!!!
She is really growing and changing by leaps and bounds these days. She is pulling up consistently on things and starting to cruise the furniture. She is crawling on her knees and doesn't scoot as much anymore. She has learned to roll over but doesn't really like to do it. I am thinking that I really don't need to have Early Intervention come for the big evaluation next week after all. Language wise she is using 4 or 5 words and signs more and bird. I can tell that she understands much more than she used to also. We are so lucky to have her as a part of our family!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Anika loved her birthday cupcake. We are going to do it again with family the next few weekends. Since then it has been a hard time for the birthday girl. She has some kind of stomach bug and has been really sick. Today she has kept some pedialite, bananas and rice cereal down. I sure hope this is the turning point. Alex and I did get out to the nature center again on Sunday. They had an animal exhibit for earth day and he got to see and touch some neat animals. The highlight for him was holding the snakes. I have some neat pictures of that trip that I hope to post soon. Hard to believe that Anika is one. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Happy Birthday sweet one! Today you are a year old! I love the way your face lights up when you see your brother. I love the way you shake with happiness when you are able to let us know what you want and need. I love the way you hug me and say Mamamamamama. We all love you and are so happy that you are with us today as we celebrate your first full year of life. We love you more than words can say.
Mommy, Daddy and Alex (who has the best name of us all for you "sweet girl")
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
After Alex got home from school we decided to go out and enjoy the warm weather. I told him to go ahead and I would get Anika ready. When I came out I found him on the blanket reading his favorite book in the sun. Anika was so excited to sit on the blanket with him and rediscover the grass. It was a really nice time with both of them. Such a simple moment that filled me with joy. Alex and I talked for so long about " when your sister is here we will..." and this was one of the things we talked about. Happy!!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Look what I can do! Isn't this an amazing picture of Anika. This picture is so her. The world is totally amazing to her and she learns so much every day. She has made such progress in the last few weeks. If only she would sleep at night. She has started to pull up on things and her language has exploded. She signed "more food" today and says 5-6 words. This week is her big first birthday! We are so excited to see her dig into her cake and are so thankful she is here with us for her big day.
Big brother Alex is doing great. He was sick this week but is now feeling much better. Today we went to a "kids fair" and had so much fun. He got a boat building kit. Here is his finished cruise ship.
Have a great weekend..
Monday, April 7, 2008
We took the kids to get a family picture yesterday. I got some great one's of Alex. Anika was not into it at all. I think she was afraid of the big moving camera. Here are a few that I took with our camera while we waited. I will scan the one's that I bought from the studio when they come in. Happy Monday
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
A and A have been tagged by Cassie,Krista and Reese www.bobbi-partyoffive.blogspot.com and Eli www.journeytoeli.blogspot.com. They need to list 10 things about themselves and then Tag a few friends.
1. I want to be a Palentologist when I grow up.
2. I am Mayan and so proud of being from Guatemala. I was disapointed at first that Mom and Dad didn't take me along when they went to adopt Anika but they promised we will all go together as a family in a few years. I had a blast with my Grandma that week!
3.I am a dinosaur expert! I have a huge collection and can tell you a lot about all the different kinds that used to be alive.
4. I have been taking Tae Kwon doe for a year now and I am a yellow belt. I have almost earned my second green stripe toward the green belt.
5. I love Pizza and PB&J
6. Bionicles are my absolute favorite thing to play with. ( I am holding some in the picture of me and Mom)
7. I am in Kindergarten and I can read on my own now. I really like that I can and I love school.
8. I love Magic Tree House books. I love it when Mom or Dad reads them to me. Sometimes we even read the whole thing at once.
9 Planet Hero's are so fun. I have almost the whole set. I am saving up for Sun. He is one of the new one's and is really big!
10. Animal Planet is my new favorite TV channel. I love to see and learn about the animals
1. I will be a year old on the 17th.
2. I love my brother. He always makes me laugh and smile. I clap and get so excited when I see the big yellow thing with wheels coming because I know now that Alex comes out when they stop.
3. I love to play peek-a-boo and so big.
4. I like to walk around the house with Mom or Dad holding my hands. I get mad sometimes because they don't want to do it all day. I can not understand why not.
5. I can say MaMa Dada, browa, up, diaper and more.
6. I can not roll over from my front to back or back to front. Mom says that it is important so people are coming to the house to help me learn how. I can scoot all over and am getting faster. I want to keep up with my brother.
7. Yesterday I was laying down and I sat up all by myself. Mommy was so excited I think I might do it again today. She was funny.
8. I love to eat. I want to eat whatever my brother has. Pizza and cauliflower are two of my favorite. NOODLES!! YUMMY
9. I am tickelish under my chin
10.I love to sit and rock on my rocking horse. He plays music and makes funny noises when I move. My Playhouse Disney CD is fun too. I like to listen to it when I play on the floor with my toys. I dance sitting down and my Mom Dad and Alex like to dance with me.
We tag Julianna www.thefoxscub.blogspot.com and Jayden www.bandgwilliamson.blogspt.com