Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One Stroller two kids

Ok Alex is almost six and is long long past a stroller but he really enjoyed playing with Anika's this weekend. The stroller spent time in our basement last week drying out after I left it out in the snow. It made it's way upstairs where Alex got a hold of it and pretended he was the mailman bringing Anika her toys. While he and Jens were at the local musical I set Anika in it in the living room and she read her books. :) Too cute.





This is Anika after I put on Sesame Street. I think she must have seen this in Guatemala with her foster family. She was THRILLED. Definite Joy to see that show. Ok we watched about 10 min. Big Bird is a favorite. I so wish she could tell me what else she likes and probably misses and not just TV. What a change this little sweet thing is dealing with.

This is Alex and his snapdragon egg. I hope we will have a pretty flower to post in 10 days or so. He came home from school and went right to check on it. He was right that we needed to add more water and he took care of it. I love seeing him with projects like this. He is getting so big.

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

Cool egg, Alex. Can't wait to see pictures.

I do believe TV is a big hit in Guatemala. Reese always has loved it. It won't kill her!!

I love to watch babies read books. You have to wonder what goes through their minds.

Cindy said...

Anika looks so happy. Sesame Street was a big thing for us to, Elmo was and is still the favorite. That is so cool, I would never have thought of using an egg shell as a planter.

Beth said...

It makes me so happy to come to your blog and see these happy (and happier, and happier) family updates. Anika really does look so happy!

Alex, I am sure you are going to take great care of your new plant. It looks really cool. Can you tell us how you did it? I think Sam would be interested in trying that out!